Passengers have to book the ticket to avail of the airline services. Airlines offer refundable and non-refundable tickets. The rates of flights fluctuate constantly based on demand and supply, purchasing windows, and many other unpredictable factors. To maintain consistency in the prices of the tickets, airlines provide two different types of tickets, i.e., refundable and non-refundable. Travelers can call off their flights for a complete refund would cause huge losses to the airlines, and they have to increase the ticket rates to recover. Non-refundable tickets are cheaper and a win-win for passengers and airlines. They are wondering whether you can claim a refund for a non-refundable airline ticket. Before that, first, understand the difference between refundable and non-refundable tickets.
Different types of Tickets: Refundable And Non-refundable
Some air tickets are fully compensated ticket value when canceled by the passengers prior to the departure schedule. These are refundable tickets. However, passengers have to pay specific cancelation fees that vary from airline to airline to request a refund.
Non-refundable tickets can’t be returned fully if flights are canceled, and the amount is credited to the passenger's account to book flights within a year from the flight cancelation, known as a flight voucher. Apart from this, sometimes only a particle refund of the ticket value is shared as a flight voucher.
Can I cancel my Non-refundable Tickets?
Flyers can cancel their non-refundable tickets. But the airlines charge a cancelation fee, which is shared as a flight voucher meant to be used later to buy tickets only within the given validity. The 24-hour policy permits them to cancel their non-refundable flights without paying any penalty if their flight schedule is 7 or more days.
How to Cancel a Non-Refundable Flight Ticket?
Passengers can cancel their flight by contacting customer support or online via the web or mobile. Based on your suitability, you can choose your medium. If you want to cancel online, check the information shared below.
Cancel by Online Mode
You can manage your tickets by following these steps:
- Visit the website or open the mobile app.
- Select the Manage my Booking or The Trips.
- Enter the details such as booking number and last name.
- Now, select the flight you want to cancel.
- Click on the Submit button.
After that, you can apply for a refund. Remember that different airlines have different policies for requesting refunds. Likewise, you have to fill out the refund form or contact customer support to get the voucher. Nevertheless, you can request a refund by continuing the process further after cancelation. It is suggested to check the policy of your airline.
Contact Customer Support for Cancellation of Ticket
How to cancel a non-refundable Flight Ticket via customer support. Dial the airline's contact number, which you can get on their website. Follow the IVR instructions to get in touch with responsible agents.
- Press 1 to choose your language.
- Press 2 to make the reservation.
- Press 3 to cancel and change your flight.
- Press 4 to learn about the terms and conditions.
- Press 5 to request a refund from the airline.
- Press 6 to talk with a live representative at the airline.
Once connected with an agent, they will ask for details such as name, booking reference, or ticket confirmation number to book your flight. After canceling your ticket, you will be notified about the same in your registered mail.
Cancellation at the Help-desk of the Airlines:
Whether non-refundable or refundable tickets, passengers can cancel at the nearest available counter of the airline. To call off your tickets, share your information with the agents to cancel the ticket.
How to Claim a non Refundable Airline Ticket?
The airline approved your non-refundable ticket refund request. The payment will be shared as a voucher to your passenger's account within the next 7 working days. Claim a refund from a non-refundable flight ticket?
- Contact the customer support of the airline.
- Fill out the refund form.
- After cancellation, you can proceed for a refund via The trip/ Manage your Trip.
In case you have any issues, contact the airline to help with a valid number. Visit the website for more information, and follow the social media account of your favorite airline to learn about the latest deals and offers.
- How can I Talk with the Agent from United Airlines in the USA?
- How to Cancel the Aegean Airlines Flight Ticket?
- How do I get a Flight Refund from Qantas Airlines?
- How do I get in touch with Japan Airlines?
- How to File a Complaint with Lufthansa Airlines?
- How to Select a Seat on a Lufthansa Flight?
- How do I Pick my Seat on American Airlines?
- What are the Cheapest days to Book Frontier Flights?
- How long is United Airlines hold time?
- How to Select Seats for British Airways?