Airline travel can be fun and exciting at the same time. But if the same flight is delayed or cancelled, it can create a truckload of problems for you and the people travelling with you.
So, what happens in such a scenario, and are you eligible for flight delay compensation. This is what you are going to know about in this write-up.
Important factors of Compensation Policy of Airlines
If your flight is cancelled or delayed, in all likelihood, there is a possibility that the Airlines Compensation Policy would compensate for the trouble that has caused you. Also, the compensation to be provided depends upon several factors such as-
- how long the delay was
- where are you flying to and from and
- The cause of the delay.
It is imperative to understand that there is a difference between ticket refunds and compensation. If your flight gets cancelled by the airline, you can either receive a full ticket refund or a new flight. If the flight gets cancelled after you have arrived at the airport, you are also entitled to care. This includes two free phone calls, fax messages, or e-mails as well as refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time and hotel accommodation when the cancellation requires an overnight stay.
Compensation Policy of Cancelled Flights
In inclusion to a ticket refund and care, there are certain circumstances under which an air passenger are entitled to compensation for a cancelled flight-
- If the respective airline has failed to inform you about the cancellation at least fourteen days before your flight’s scheduled departure date.
- If the airline could have avoided the cancellation had they undertaken all reasonable measures.
Airlines would have to pay the penalty for avoiding such norms and would attract around two hundred fifty to six hundred euros per passenger contingent on the distance of the flight. The same rule applies to flights brought forward at short notice.
However, in some cases, an airline can't notify passengers about the cancellation fourteen days before the flight because the flight is cancelled at short notice. When this happens, your flight is cancelled.
Therefore, to make a compensation claim, the airline has to be responsible for the cause of the cancellation. If you wonder How to get compensation from airlines, you can follow the write-up as mentioned above.
- What is Fly Now Pay Later Payment Plan?
- How do I Reschedule my Virgin Atlantic Ticket
- What are the Best Airlines to Fly in the United States?
- How Do I Check-in Online Kuwait airways
- Which day of the Week is the Best Time to buy Airlines Tickets?
- What is the Best Time to Buy Airlines Tickets
- How Long can you Hold Flight Reservations
- How Do I Reschedule My Kuwait Airways Ticket
- What is Virgin Atlantic Frequent Flyer Program?
- Which Low-Cost Airlines Is the Best