When you make a flight to visit your desired place for any specific purpose but after making the bookings, if the purpose of your bookings gets canceled or due to some other reason, you cannot travel. Then your refund option is beneficial as you can modify your bookings at your convenience. If you need to learn how to cancel a flight ticket and apply for a refund, then there are multiple modes available through which you can apply for the refund, and if you want to know those modes, you can read below.
How do I ask for a Flight Refund via Different Modes?
If you are applying for a refund for the first time, then it is better to communicate with the representative and get their help to apply for the refund. You have to provide your booking information to the representative, and they will cancel your flight and apply for a refund. For this, you need to dial your airline's customer care number and follow the IVR instructions below.
Steps for getting Flight Refund by Connecting with the Representative
- Choose 1 for selecting the language.
- Choose 2 for new flight booking or check flight status
- Choose 3 to cancel the flight and apply for a refund
- Choose * to connect with the representative
After completing the IVR instructions, choose the option as per your query and then connect with the representative.
Steps for getting Flight Refund through the Website:
While asking for the refund on call, if you get any issues like network glitches, voice breaks, call hold, etc., then you can also use the alternative mode, which is online. If you want to apply for a refund online, you can follow the points below.
- Search the website of your airline in your browser
- Further, you need to click to manage my bookings
- You must fill out the last name and the booking reference number in the space mentioned.
- Next, choose the flight you want to cancel and the cancel flight option.
- After this, you need to mention the reason for the flight cancellation and then pay the charges for cancellation.
- Last, a refund application form will come on the screen; fill that form and submit it.
- You will get the mail of successfully canceling the flight and apply for the refund on your email id.
Can you Cancel a Flight ticket and get a Full Refund?
Yes, when you cancel the flight as per the policies of the airlines, then you are eligible to get a refund. To know How to get a Full refund and the refund policies of airlines, then you need to read below.
- Cancellation done by you within 24 hours of flight reservations is completely refundable, but only if the time left in the flight departure is more than three days.
- After surpassing the 24 hours free window, you need to pay the flight cancellation charges, which will depend upon the time left in flight departure.
- When booking the flight, if you apply for insurance, you will not need to pay cancellation charges; you will get a complete refund.
- If the flight is delayed due to any airline fault, like less staff or technical glitch, you will get complete care at the airport, or if you cancel the flight, you will get a full refund.
- If the flight is delayed due to any genuine issue, you need to pay the charges, and you will get a refund.
- After booking the flight, if you get any medical issues, you need to show the genuine documents, and you will get a refund.
- If you make the booking by using your miles or voucher, you will get a coupon for a refund, valid for the next 12 months.
The time taken to get a Refund from the Airline is Mentioned Below
If you make the flight bookings using your card, you will get the refund within 7 working days, but if you use any alternative mode, you will get the refund in 12 days. The time takes to get a refund will vary and depend upon the type of your flight and destination.
By reading the above, you will know How to get Flight Refund; still, if you want something to learn about refund status or other relevant information, you can also communicate with their official representative.
- What is British Airways Cancellation Policy?
- What is Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy?
- How to Change my Flight Date at Lufthansa?†
- How do I Talk to Delta Customer Service?
- How do I Contact Jetstar by Phone?†
- How do I get a Refund from Flydubai?
- How to Cancel my Emirates Airlines Flight and get Refund?†
- How to Contact Flydubai by Phone Number?†
- How do I check-in for my flight on Emirates Airlines?†
- How to Book my flight at Qatar Airways?†