Passengers can choose their seats during the reservation process or do it later when the check-in windows open up. Again the time of seat selection can depend on the travel class. So if you have already made the booking and want to select your preferred seat, then you can follow the below-mentioned methods-
How to Select Seats for British Airways Online?
- Passengers have to visit the official website of the airline at www.britishairways.com.
- Now on the home page, you must select the manage booking tab at the top.
- After selecting, you must enter your booking id and last name in the given tabs and hit the search button.
- Now you will be able to see your itinerary detail on the screen, and you have to choose the "select a seat" option and proceed further.
- Now you will get the flight seating map displayed on the screen, and from the map, you can choose your preferred seat. You can check the seat price by moving your mouse cursor on each seat.
- After the selection, pay the fee (if applicable) and complete the process.
- You will receive a confirmation email at your registered email id.
How to Select Seats for British Airways by Phone Call?
Passengers can also connect with the customer support team for seat selection, and they will complete the process on your behalf. You can dial the helpline number anytime as it is available 24/7 for their customers.
- You can dial 1-800-AIRWAYS or 1-(800) 247-9297 on your phone to speak with the live executive.
- Follow the IVR instruction on call.
- Choose your preferable lingo to communicate with the live executive.
- Press 1 for the flight reservation process.
- Press 3 for seat selection.
- Press 4 to apply for a refund for a delayed or canceled flight.
- Press 5 for baggage-related issues- delayed or lost luggage.
- After hitting the related key, you will have to wait a bit as the next agent is available to help you.
- After getting connected, provide your flight booking details and explain your requirements.
- The agent will complete the process on your behalf, and you will receive a confirmation email at your registered email.
Select Seats for British Airways at Airport
You can also visit the airport and look for the airline ticket counter; you can explain your requirements and ask for help.
How do I Select my Seat on British Airways for Free?
A passenger who is an Executive Club Oneworld's frequent flyer program member can get seats on British Airways for free. Also, passengers who have bought basic fare tickets can get seats allocated to them for free when the check-in window opens.
What is the Seat Selection Policy for British Airways?
- Per the airline policy, the cost of seat selection and whether or not you will get free seat selection will depend on a number of factors, including the type of ticket you purchase, your personal circumstances, and your travel class.
- Passengers who bought a basic ticket for the economy or hand baggage only will have to pay a fee for choosing the seat per the British Airways Seat Selection Policy. They can select a seat from the reservation period till the check-in window opens. If the passenger fails to book a flight seat within the given time, the airline will allocate the seat for free when the check-in window opens. Passengers can pay to change the allocated seats.
- If you are a member of the Executive Club Oneworld's frequent flyer program, you can choose your seat in different stages, depending on your tier.
- Suppose you are a Gold/Oneworld Emerald member. In that case, you will get seat selection on British Airways for free from the time of booking, including everyone in your booking and friends and family on other bookings traveling with you on the same plane.
- Passengers with Silver/Oneworld Sapphire will get a free seat selection, besides exit row seats on long-haul flights from the time of reservation for every passenger in your booking. The Exit row seats on long-haul flights can be selected for free from 24 hours prior to the departure time.
- The British Airways Seat Selection is always free in the First cabin from the time of booking.
- Travelers who have Bronze/Oneworld Ruby subscriptions can get free seat selection (excluding exit row seats) at least seven days prior to their departure date for everyone in their reservation.
- Passengers with Blue club members will get a free seat selection 24 hours before departure time, excluding exit row seats and not including travel on basic fares.
- What is British Airways Cancellation Policy?
- What is Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy?
- How to Change my Flight Date at Lufthansa?†
- How do I Talk to Delta Customer Service?
- How do I Contact Jetstar by Phone?†
- How do I get a Refund from Flydubai?
- How to Cancel my Emirates Airlines Flight and get Refund?†
- How to Contact Flydubai by Phone Number?†
- How do I check-in for my flight on Emirates Airlines?†
- How to Book my flight at Qatar Airways?†