A Detailed Guide on Flight Cancellations Due to COVID
The pandemic has shaken us all, and above everything, it has affected the aviation industry majorly. The aviation industry has rapidly suffered a significant loss regarding all flight booking cancellations and the norms not allowing passengers to travel internationally. It not only affected the ones staying away from home but there was a massive setback in traveling anywhere in the world.
If you had a flight booking with any airlines and no longer feel safe to travel, the only hectic question that comes to mind is Can I cancel my flight due to COVID? If you are going through the same, the following points will help you significantly.
Flight Cancellations Due to COVID
The following points will help you with the topic of flight cancellations due to COVID in a crystal clear manner so that you don't have to worry about your current flight ticket reservations with any airline;
Yes, you can cancel flight bookings due to COVID, but you’ll have to follow the protocols set by the airlines. You’ll have to inform the airline authority before your departure time so that they can arrange the seating procedure accordingly. If you are COVID positive, you’ll have to provide relevant documents to the airline staff via digital platforms.
Get Money back after Flight Cancellations in Normal cases
If you have a question, Can I get my money back if I cancel my flight?’ Well, you’ll have to meet the airlines’ flight cancellation policies;
- You’ll have to cancel your flight booking within the first 24 hours of your booking or reservation.
- Your departure should be 7 or more days away from the date of your ticket cancellation.
- You could get your money back only if you made the reservation with the help of the official website or by calling the official reservations number of the airline.
- If you made the reservation with the help of a travel agency, you’d have to contact them for the cancellation and the refund procedure.
Get Money back on Flight Cancellations due to COVID
If you are wondering, ‘Can I get money back on my flight due to COVID?’ The following points will help you with the same topic;
- Yes, you can get your amount back on flight cancellations due to COVID.
- You’ll be provided with a complete refund of the amount of international flights that the government prohibits.
- You can get your amount back on domestic flights if the destination is a contaminated zone.
- If you are okay with a travel voucher, you can get a travel voucher from the airlines.
Therefore, all the points listed above will help you with the flight cancellation procedure of the airlines in standard and COVID cases. You can find a way out by going through all the points and find yourself at an advantage by following all the listed and necessary steps effectively for your benefit.
- How Can I Talk to an Airlines Customer Service Agent?
- How can I Cancel my KLM Flight and Get Refund?
- How do I Check in at KLM Airlines?
- How do I Cancel a Porter Airlines Reservation?
- How to Change Flight at Avianca Airlines?
- How to Check in with Avianca Airlines?
- How do I Choose my Seat After Booking a Flight?
- How to Book Flights at Austrian Airlines?
- How to Check in with Allegiant Air?
- How can I Change my Flight Date to Copa Airlines?