Sunwing airlines understand every situation of their passengers, and one can avail all the facilities online at their website. Some unexpected situation arrives for which passengers cannot board the flight on the decided date. In this case, you can cancel the Sunwing flight and avail the refund. You need to learn the Sunwing airlines cancellation policy and its related terms to cancel the flight. Therefore to get the details, the following are the detailed information regarding the cancellation points that you can read:
Get a Brief Knowledge about Sunwing Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Since the airline does not offer year-round fights, it does not have policies similar to other airlines. Hence, even if you are familiar with the generic policies, it is a good idea to go through the particular policies.
- The policy which intersects with other airlines is the 24-hours cancellation. You can cancel any type of ticket under 24 hours after confirmation and get a complete refund.
- Post the 24-hours risk-free cancellation; you don't have the provision for cancellation. Meaning, that if you cancel your flight, you will not get any refund. This is because the airline does not have a refundable and non-refundable ticket category.
- The Sunwing cancellation policy states that depending on how far before the departure date you cancel your ticket, the airline has the right to charge you a cancellation fee.
- Passengers can not make changes to their name, as doing so is treated as a booking cancellation.
- Passengers can change flight details (except for name change) for a fee of $50 up to 45 days before the departure.
The airline follows such strict policies because most of the flights are seasonal. This low-cost small carrier can only take off when it is almost at full capacity. This full-capacity booking helps maintain the airline and allows passengers a chance to travel quickly, cheaply, and easily.
Procedure to Cancel the Sunwing Flight Tickets:
When you find all the details of flight cancellation, you can proceed to cancel the reservation in the below steps:
- First, you are required to visit the Sunwing airlines official website at any preferred browser of your device.
- Then, you need to open the manage my booking portal available in the menu section of the website.
- At there, you need to enter the booking confirmation number with your last name and tap on the find reservation button.
- With this, you will get into the booking where you can see the list of flights with Sunwing airlines.
- You need to select the booking you want to cancel from the drop-down list and tap on the cancel flight button.
- With this, a new screen will appear where you can see the final cancellation price after debiting the charges.
- You need to review the details and tap on the confirm button to complete the process.
- Sunwing airlines will immediately send you the cancellation confirmation message at your registered email id.
Hence, you can also connect with the Sunwing airlines customer service team and speak with the representative. They will let you know about the Sunwing airlines cancellations according to the type of ticket. You can find several contact modes in their help section to reach the representative.
How much can you expect to pay for Canceling a Sunwing Flight?
The airline provides seasonal flights, previously only in winters, but summer flights are now available as well. Despite this, there are a few months when the number of flights is higher than in other months. Based on the situation, there can be slight changes in the cancellation fees, but the basic structure set up by the airline is described as follows.
- As per the rules, the Sunwing cancellation fees will be $0 if you cancel within the risk-free period.
- If you cancel your flight between 45 days to 21 days before the scheduled departure, the airline will charge $250 per person for the cancellation.
- If you cancel your ticket within 20 days or less from the departure date, the airline has the right to charge 100% of the booking fare.
- If under certain conditions, you feel that you have a valid reason to get the refund, then you can make your case with the support executive, who will then tell you about your options based on your situation.
Refunds you are Eligible for
A certain Sunwing cancellation policy states that the passengers are allowed for a complete refund, even after the 24 hours duration is over. As per the sub-policies under this one, you are eligible to get a complete refund under the following cases.
- Your Sunwing flight landing/arrival at the destination was delayed by 3 or more hours.
- Your flight take-off was delayed by 3 or more hours.
- The airline canceled your flight less than 12 months before your scheduled departure.
- You were denied boarding due to overbooking.
If you need more clarification about these Sunwing flights and how to go about the booking, you should connect with a support executive.
- What is British Airways Cancellation Policy?
- What is Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy?
- How to Change my Flight Date at Lufthansa?†
- How do I Talk to Delta Customer Service?
- How do I Contact Jetstar by Phone?†
- How do I get a Refund from Flydubai?
- How to Cancel my Emirates Airlines Flight and get Refund?†
- How to Contact Flydubai by Phone Number?†
- How do I check-in for my flight on Emirates Airlines?†
- How to Book my flight at Qatar Airways?†